Useful reports and other links
Here are links to important recently published reports (in alphabetical order):
- Agricultural Engineering: A key discipline enabling agriculture to deliver global food security. A status report developed by IAgrE in response to the UK Government Foresight The Future of Food and Farming 2011. (see below for a link)
- Food Security: The Challenge of Feeding 9 billion people. Godfray, Beddington et al. Science, Volume 327. 12 February 2010.
- Food Statistics Pocketbook 2011. DEFRA
- Foresight. The Future of Food and Farming (2011) Final Project Report. The Government Office for Science, London.
- Green Food Project — Conclusions. DEFRA, 2012.
- Securing Future Food Supplies to 2050: Government Response to the Committee’s 4th Report of the Session 2008-09. House of Commons Environment, Food & Rural Affairs
- All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Agroecology
- Centre for Food Security at Reading University.
- The Forum for the Future hub about food
- fooddeserts.org run by Hillary Shaw of Harper Adams University College
- foodsecurity.ac.uk run by the UK’s Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council
- The Oxford Martin Programme on the Future of Food
- UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO)
Plus this spin-out from the New Optimists Forum:
Reports by and links to organisations promoting or representing particular activities or groups (in alphabetical order):
- From Field to Fork: The value of England’s food webs. CPRE, 2012.
- The Soil Association
Please do tell us of other relevant links and reports.