Dr Rob Lillywhite is a Senior Research Fellow at the Warwick Crop Centre.
With his in-depth understanding of food security issues, he was a contributor to the New Optimists Forum, participating on the event on 1st March 2012 and advising us on matters since.
His main research interest is in the interaction between agriculture, horticulture and the environment.
His specific research includes work on:
- environmental accounting (carbon, water and environmental footprinting, on which he spoke on the BBC Radio 4 Farming Today on 25th February 2012)
- greenhouse gas emissions from agriculture, ecosystem services
- composting, anaerobic digestion and the application of organic materials to agricultural land
- nitrogen balances in agriculture
- the nitrogen nutrition of crops and the release of nitrogen from crop residues