Our input to the Elliott Review into the integrity and assurance of our food supply network
The latest update about the New Optimists and the New Optimists Forum
- TNO_Update_Summer2014 (scroll down for earlier updates)
The Narrativium Project, funded by the Arts Council
- NarrativiumProject_One family_Four stories
These four stories, written by Ellie and Keith Richards, are about one Birmingham family are set in three possible 2050 futures.
The Birmingham 2050 Scenarios Report, published in June 2013.
Our books for sale on Amazon are:
- Kindle book: The New Optimists: Challenging Cancer. You can read more about it here.
- The hardcopy book The New Optimists: Scientists View Tomorrow’s World & What It Means To Us was published in 2010. You can read a glowing review in The House, Parliament’s weekly, here.
- NewOptimists_Response_Plan 2031-BirminghamDevelopmentPlan (Our response to the draft Birmingham Plan 2031, submitted on 13 January 2013.)
- TNO_Response2GivingHopeChangingLives. (A response by Kate Cooper to the Birmingham Social Inclusion Process Green Paper, November 2012.)
- NewOptimists_Response_Places4TheFuture_SPDDoc by Kate Cooper and Matthew Green, March 2012. (This is a response to Birmingham City Council’s draft Supplementary Planning Document.)
- They Moved Like Fish-Response by KateCooper (My response to Peter Latchford’s draft report on the riots in Birmingham in the summer 2011)
- Small worlds & the strength of weak ties
The latest update about the New Optimists and the New Optimists Forum:
- TNO_November_2013 (scroll down for earlier ones)
- Neat images and diagrams we publish from time to time:
An amended Heinz baked bean tin label to illustrate the sheer volume of food it takes to feed a city
A_FoodFuture4Birmingham2050; external factors that will impact Birmingham
- Ellie Richards’ Analyses
Pathways to Feast and Pathways to Famine (February 2012 New Optimists Forum on food poverty/food deserts)
Analysis_Forum2ndNov2011_EllieRichards (November 2011 New Optimists Forum)
- Nicci MacLeod’s linguistic analyses
- Compilations of blogposts on specific topics
Draft_Agroecology & urban farming (to March 2012)
- Earlier updates about the Forum